Save More on Energy Bills with Geothermal Heating and Cooling in Milo
Whether you want to cut your energy bills or you’re building a new home, a geothermal system from Hinds Mechanical is a smart investment. Geothermal takes advantage of stable underground temperatures to heat, cool and heat water at a fraction of the cost.
Because it’s so energy efficient, you’ll also be eligible for valuable federal and state tax credits. Not to mention, your energy savings over time could even help your geothermal heat pump pay for itself.
Learn more about the benefits of geothermal and call us at 515-337-2074 to request your free quote today.
How Geothermal Works
A geothermal system taps into stable underground temperatures. Regardless of the season or weather, these temperatures remain 55-70 degrees year-round.
This system has two parts: a ground-source heat pump inside your home and loops buried in your yard. Loops can be buried horizontally, vertically or run to a nearby water source, like a pond or well.
The geothermal heat pump and loops work together to transfer heat into or out of your home. This makes it much more energy efficient than traditional comfort systems, which generate heating or cooling.
8 Benefits of Geothermal Heating and Cooling
Geothermal provides many benefits, from lower energy bills to tax credits. Here are just a few of them.
- Major energy savings. About two-thirds of your utility bills are related to heating, cooling and heating water. Homeowners who use geothermal heating and cooling systems can save between 30-70% on heating and 20-50% on cooling costs, according to the EPA. Depending on your thermostat settings, that could save you up $1,500 annually.
- Can even pay for itself. Savings on your monthly energy bills add up over time and may even help your geothermal system pay for itself—and more—in just a few years.
- Lasts a long time. Geothermal heating and cooling lasts much longer than a traditional furnace or air conditioner. The heat pump typically lasts 20-25 years, while the underground loops can last for 50 years or more. In contrast, an air conditioner lasts for about 15 years and a furnace for about 20 years.
- Makes you eligible for tax credits. Installing geothermal makes you eligible for valuable federal and state tax credits. Ask your tax preparer for more details.
- All-in-one heating, cooling and water heating. A single geothermal heat pump can provide your heating, cooling and a portion of your water heating. Adding a hydronic unit can take care of all your hot water, plus radiant floor heating, spa/pool heating and snow/ice melt.
- Quiet heating and cooling. Geothermal is much more quiet than traditional heating and cooling systems.
- Doesn’t need fossil fuel. Since geothermal runs on electricity, it doesn’t need fossil fuels like natural gas. If you use it in connection with solar or wind, you can create a net zero home.
- No carbon monoxide. Geothermal doesn’t use natural gas, propane or oil. There’s no combustion, flames or fuel during the heating process. That means there’s no risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from your geothermal system.
Request Your Free Quote for a Geothermal Heat Pump
Our [[companyname]] geothermal installers in [[targetlocation]] are passionate about helping you save energy and living more comfortably. We’d love to talk with you about how a geothermal system can benefit your home. Call us at 515-337-2074 to request your free, no-obligation quote today!
Serving These Communities
West Des Moines
About Hinds Mechanical
At Hinds Mechanical, we’re proud to offer products from Lennox® – a company whose dedication to your home comfort matches our own. We have the experience and skills to find the correct HVAC solution for your home, whether you need a small repair or a new system. Trust us to take care of your home and we’ll make sure you’re comfortable at all times. Call us at 515-337-2074 or contact us online so we can work together toward total home comfort!